I’m assuming most of you here don’t dog-ear your books. If you do, kindly leave this page.
Kidding! Stay stay. We’re all different and I respect that 😉 (I do shudder at that thought though 😅)
I’m sure you all have come across posts about using random stuff as bookmarks. I thought I’d do one too especially after seeing this:
Guess what was in there?
My daughter’s socks! Don’t worry, they were clean LOL I kind of knew what she was using them for but still, I had to ask her. Just for the fun of it lol
Me: Why is there a pair of socks in your book?
My daughter: To know where I stop reading.
Me: You have so many bookmarks, why don’t you use one?
She: I can’t find one nearby. I saw you use a chocolate before!
Me: (Yeah she caught me red-handed 😏 Ok to my defense, the chocolate was still in its wrapper. So the book wasn’t harmed. And yes, it was the closest to me!)
I left our ‘discussion’ at that and let her walk free. I think if she were older, she would’ve named a list of other things I use as ‘bookmarks’. So, inadvertently, she let me walk free LOL
So, other ‘weird’ things I (and my daughter) use/have used as bookmarks are:
- My reading light. You see the one above? I use the same one too. The bendy part? Yeah, I use it to bookmark the book I’m reading.
- Headband/hairband. I have about 3 (I think) lying at random places. So yeah, I’ve used them before and still continue to use it whenever it’s within reach.
- My memory. Well, this fails most of the time. But despite that, I still use it, as a form of ‘brain exercise’ LOL
- Hairclips: My daughter is guilty of this. No, she doesn’t clip the pages with it, she just places it between them.
- Lego block: I’ve only seen my daughter use it once, and I’m sure she’d use it again when she finds it convenient!
- A piece of clothing: When I do the laundry and it’s the closest thing to me.
- Kitchen utensils: Yes, you read that right! After kids, my kitchen utensils have grown legs. A spoon/chopstick/fork can be missing/laying anywhere around the house. Sometimes caught in between the pages of my daughter’s book! Her dad said, she only learned from the best 😏 FYI, I don’t use kitchen utensils!!! But, fine, I get it 😫
- A booksleeve: Oh I lurrrrve booksleeves and I’m guilty of owning a few (and still looking for more LOL). I find they aren’t only useful as protection for my books, but work great as bookmarks too! 😉
So, what other weird stuff you use or have used as bookmarks before? Please share with me in the comment section below!